How do I prepare for Variable Data printing?
Creating Your Database
- Create a Microsoft Excel file or a comma/tab delimited text file with all variable data elements
- Label each column with a clear description of the data in that column
- Do not include any information that is not to be used and no ‘hidden’ columns
- (For Mailings) Provide a separate column for each variable rather than group together (ie. column for city, column for state, column for zip)
- (For Mailings) All addresses must be complete and all apartment numbers or P.O. Boxes must be in a column separate from the street address (Please refer to the example below)
- (For Mailings) Please format all zip codes the same way so they can be properly sorted. (i.e. 12345 or 12345-6789)